Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Why I haven't blogged in a very long time

Okay, I realize I haven't blogged for some time. Well hello, people. I have a life, you know that. I'm a high school junior (big age reveal) so what can I do? All that nonsense and stress about SAT's and college and whatnot, well, it's finally here. And I am positively FREAKING OUT about everything. Only slightly exaggerated.


That's one reason I haven't blogged for some time. Another reason is this: I didn't get the point of blogging. Yes, I realize that I made a blog, but seriously, it was purely on impulse. I didn't know you actually had to follow through with it EVERY SINGLE DAY of your life like you people do with your gazillion 'friends' on Facebook (I don't have a Facebook, by the way. I get my info from the stories I hear, and some of them are actually true, sadly). Here's the fact, plain and simple. I made a blog just so I could say that I have a blog. Nice, right?


That was another reason. Here's my third (three is the magic number!) and final reason: I haven't blogged because firstly, I made this blog on pure impulse, and secondly, because I made the blog very impulsively, I later went back and thought, "What's the point of having a blog if I have a diary?" Yes people, here's another big reveal: I have a diary. And I actually write in it, too. Not always, but sometimes. But then on Sunday I went to my cousin's house, and she said, well, you could blog about the stuff that you write about in your diary that you don't mind sharing, or just random stuff that you might not always write in your diary." And I was like, "Oh yeah, you're right."


SO that's the reason why I started blogging now, and why I haven't been blogging before now. But I still don't get how there would be people out there who would be willing to 'follow' blogs and be nosy and read up on stuff about random things that happen in other people's lives. People you might not even know. I guess it's just for the fun. Heck, well I'm not complaining, though if I keep continuing like this I might soon be complaining of cramped fingers from typing so hard and fast. Well anyway, that's my blog for today. See you soon!  

2 comments:

  1. A blog DOES NOT HAVE to be be personal ,misticalnia (Like the name, by the way.). Blogs have been identified as an increasingly popular source of online publication, especially regarding political information, opinion publication and alternative news coverage. You can talk about practically ANYTHING. Go ahead and talk about your opinions, your ideas for the future, your cramped fingers, et cetera. THAT IS WHAT A BLOG IS FOR!!!!!!! Let out your ideas and KEEP ON BLOGGING, BLOGGER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I realize that now. And I'm glad I did, too. Because I got some seriously cramped fingers to talk about. Thanks.

    What name? You mean my title? I finally made up something good.

    ReplyDelete

Did you hear that? It's the sound of the keyboard being abused. It's a skill every writer/blogger needs to know. If you don't know it, go back to high school. Ohhh....wait. They don't teach you that in high school. Darn it. What ARE they teaching kids these days? Anyway, just leave a comment, and remember next to abuse your keyboard, because it's there to feel your rambling fingers.