Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Day

So here's how my day went.
        First of all, the fact that we don't have school tomorrow because of Veteran's Day (thank you, veterans!) is in itself something to be joyful about, which of course immediately started my morning off great. Also, I was apparently running on a sugar-caffeine high from last night to this morning due to the fact that I had a glass of green tea after dinner, and then a big packet of M&M's (gotta love those guys), so during breakfast, which I eat at around 6:15 am, I was literally jumping - or wanting to jump - out of my chair, hardly able to eat any of the Honey Nut Cheerios I'd poured into my bowl just seconds before, and felt like running ten miles (if you know me, you know I hate running, absolutely despise me, so feeling like I actually wanted to run is a big thing for me). Then I went to school. School runs as usual, except during first period Math I find out from my teacher that I got a 98 on my Math test - a 98 in Math!!! That never, EVER happens. Ever. It was my first 98 after a series of 90's and high 80's. 


Like my friend Eeshie (check out her blog, too!), I hate math. Love the teacher, hate the subject. You all know what I mean, right? So yeah. That was good news #1 for me today, and first period, too. It made me even more hyper and willing to run another ten miles (okay, that's an exaggeration, but still). After that in second period English I get told by my teacher that I got extra credit for posting a blog on our school website's library's book blog about Graceling by Kristin Cashore. Read this book, it's awesome!! And it's also one of my favorites. So anyway, she tells me that my post was excellent, and that one of her ninth graders chose the book because of my post as an outside reading. I felt so proud right then. 


The next good thing happened six periods later, during eighth period. It's our last period of the day as well as when I have free - meaning I don't have a class so I either hang out with my friends, go to the cafeteria to get food, or go to the library for some quiet. Today, I went to the social studies office to ask about my test grade for APUSH (AP US History). We'd had a test fifth period, and my teacher already had our grades because all 63 questions were multiple choice on a Scantron sheet so he had our grades. I thought I did worse than our last test, but I actually did better by a point and got an A!!! Or an A-, not sure which one, but I don't care; I'll take both!!!!! (If you've heard of APUSH, then you might know how extremely hard this class this - it's crazy how much information you need to know. Gosh, who knew history could be so hard???) So yeah. I was proud of myself.   


And then the rest isn't important. I came home, chillaxed, and now I'm on the computer, writing my blog. So yeah. I hope y'all have a jovial day as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you hear that? It's the sound of the keyboard being abused. It's a skill every writer/blogger needs to know. If you don't know it, go back to high school. Ohhh....wait. They don't teach you that in high school. Darn it. What ARE they teaching kids these days? Anyway, just leave a comment, and remember next to abuse your keyboard, because it's there to feel your rambling fingers.