Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Random Dieting Tip

No, I'm not advertising any product or "magical dieting trick" or anything. I just want to share a simple diet tip with you today that I discovered. I know, it's random. But I couldn't think of anything else to put on here, so I thought, hey, why don't I put something that will actually be a benefit to people reading this blog? So there you have it. 


Hopefully, you guys know the gist, right? Basically, you have to create a calorie deficit by eating a little less than what you'd normally eat, and burning extra calories through exercise. Mind you, it doesn't have to be strenuous exercise. It could merely be a simple hour's walk or something equivalent to that. Of course, if you're a serious athlete, (or a wannabe serious athlete) then go right ahead, I'm not discouraging you. But for the average person who's lazy like I am, then READ THIS. 


You start your day with a healthy breakfast. Examples include, but are not limited to: oatmeal, cereal, two pieces of whole-wheat bread with something on them, a glass of milk. It also helps to have a side helping of an omelet fried with minimal oil because they're very filling. Next, you go to lunch. Lunch can be a sandwich with a side of fruits, or vegetable, etc. And then I often have a mid-afternoon snack because I tend to get hungry. And then you eat your regular dinner. My meals often go like this: I eat the most at breakfast, eat a little less for lunch, and eat the least for dinner. The time when you're allowed to "pig out" during a diet is breakfast, because trust me, it is the most important meal of the day. You need the energy, and plus, it helps to get your metabolism going.


Sounds like a regular day, right? Here's the secret: Before every meal (except breakfast)  drink a minimum of  three glasses of water. That way your stomach becomes full very quickly and thus you tend to eat less. An extremely bad habit of people is waiting to eat until they are starving. That is never a good idea. If you eat when you're extremely hungry, then you tend to overeat, and if you repeat this, then, well, you can't actually blame it on your body's slow metabolism. 


Well, that's my simple tip. Of course, it sounds simpler than it really is, because all the while that you're eating to keep yourself healthy everyday, you also have to restrain yourself from bad foods like chips, candy, etc, etc. You've heard it all before so I'm not gonna repeat it. If you get hungry, either drink some water, or take a low-calorie snack like fruit or yogurt. And of course, make sure to sneak in somewhere in your busy schedule that hour's walk. Your favorite songs are actually really good at getting you motivated to do the whole hour. Or at least a half an hour, if you're feeling sluggish. But note that exercise, once you start, increases your stamina. 


Disclaimer: I am not a professional nutritionist or your physician or anything like that, so don't take these words to heart. This is my blog so I'm just sharing what I discovered and what works for me so I can stay healthy without having to spend my time neurotically exercising and not eating (bad, bad, bad, don't do) and everyone's different with different types of bodies, so not always everything will work out. Consult a physician before starting anything new.


Geez, I just sounded like a commercial for a new drug. Don't make me say that again. If ever I do give any more advice on health issues, be sure that the disclaimer above is implied, okay? I DON'T want to say that again. Gosh. 



2 comments:

  1. Misticalnia?
    This was a really, really, really painfully random post that you made. "Random Dieting Tip"?
    What?
    :D
    Aw, you know I'm just playing wit you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You spelled "with" wrong, genius. You wrote "wit." For someone who thinks she has so much "wit" in teasing me, you have no sense of how to spell.

    Ha ha. Only joking. Or am I?

    ReplyDelete

Did you hear that? It's the sound of the keyboard being abused. It's a skill every writer/blogger needs to know. If you don't know it, go back to high school. Ohhh....wait. They don't teach you that in high school. Darn it. What ARE they teaching kids these days? Anyway, just leave a comment, and remember next to abuse your keyboard, because it's there to feel your rambling fingers.