Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

I HAVE FINALIZED MY LIST OF COLLEGES I'M APPLYING TO!!!!!

Come on, be more excited for me, won't you? I finalized my list of colleges, that I'm applying. That's a BIG step for a college bound high-school senior like me, wouldn't you agree? 


Eh, who cares about your opinion, because I don't (all right, that was a lie, I sorta kinda do - a little). 


After months and months (two or three, actually) of research and preparation, I've finally decided what colleges I want to apply to. Anyway, here are the lucky 15 in no particular order except alphabetical (yes, fifteen. I have no confidence whatsoever in my ability to get into a college, so I'm applying to as many as I'd want to attend): 


Barnard College in New York, NY - my home state!!!


Boston University in Boston, MA


Bryn Mawr College, in Bryn Mawr, PA - check out this GORGEOUS campus! (Click the link, people, I didn't put it there for nothin'). 


Columbia University in New York, NY - right across the street from Barnard, actually, if y'all didn't know. And yes, Barnard/Columbia students participate in the other college's classes/sports/clubs, etc, since they share funds. Now that's a cool system.


Cornell University in Ithaca, NY - another beautiful and lively campus. 


Drexel University in Philly, PA - have you noticed yet that I like nice campuses and/or big cities? If not, you have poor observation skills. Plus, they have a good medical program, I heard. 


Fordham University in Bronx, NY - close to home; I, unlike some other college-bound seniors, do want to come back home frequently because frankly I love my home, thank God. I feel bad for anyone who doesn't, because a good home environment is crucial in  building healthy life styles (and by that I mean mental health)


Lehigh University in Bethlehem, PA - kinda far from home, maybe six-hour drive? 


Macaulay Honors College in Brooklyn, NY - they give all their undergrads FREE tuition because they're so selective, so whoever gets in, hey, free ride for you if you attend! Plus, a Macbook Pro. Ain't that sweeeeeetttttt??? But that's obviously not why I want to attend; they have the programs I want to do, plus the NYC environment is always a plus factor


Mount Holyoke College in South Hadley, MA - they have a horse stables!!! Check it out


New York University don't even need to state this address unless I'm applying to the one in Spain or Abu Dhabi, but obviously I'm not, soo........


Sarah Lawrence College in Bronxville, NY - again, another one close to home, hooray


State University of New York (SUNY) at Binghamton - nice tuition, competive school


(SUNY) Stony Brook University - ugh, I hate the Long Island expressway, but there's a train station right next to the campus, and it's right near the city, again, that's a huge plus


Syracuse University - GREAT school for Communications/Media Arts/Journalism, which is what I probably would like to major in as of the moment. 


So, until further update, see ya! 


Wish me luck! :

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOD. NO. DUDE. TAKE OFF FORDHAM UNIVERSITY RIGHT NOW. IT'S LIKE, FIVE MINUTES FROM MY SCHOOL. IT'S SOO BAD. LIKE OMG. DON'T DO THIS TO YOURSELF.

    ReplyDelete

Did you hear that? It's the sound of the keyboard being abused. It's a skill every writer/blogger needs to know. If you don't know it, go back to high school. Ohhh....wait. They don't teach you that in high school. Darn it. What ARE they teaching kids these days? Anyway, just leave a comment, and remember next to abuse your keyboard, because it's there to feel your rambling fingers.