Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Good news from the physics master!

Hello again.


Well, not one of you bothered to give me any advice about whether or not I should drop physics (thanks a lot, guys, I feel loved. Really), but hey, it's not like I was gonna listen to you anyway. 


Well.......maybe just a bit. 


But anyway, I realized that I forgot to add one more CRUCIAL piece of information on my last school-related post ("Physics is driving me INSANE!"), so here it is: 


I'm thinking of going into Med School in the future, God-willing. 


I don't know exactly what it is I want to do for the rest of my life (that's a tough decision for a seventeen-turning-eighteen year-old to make, wouldn't you agree?) but I know that one of the things I'd like to do is to become a clinical physician. More specifically, I think I'd love to do Oncology (cancer) and its various symptoms, causes, treatments, etc. It sounds really interesting and rewarding, too. 


But that's my second choice. And it's my second choice only because of the fact that I like so many more things (namely, writing) that I want to go to college and find out if there's anything else for me besides Medicine. It's of course a very prestigious and rewarding field, but it might not be for me, or maybe it might, who knows. That's why you go to college - to discover your passions. 


So anyway, the only reason I'm making myself struggle through Honors Physics with a scraping B- is because of the fact that I'm going to take Pre-med in college, and the first requirement for a first year Pre-med student is one year of Physics with Lab. So I figured that if I dropped Physics altogether and don't even have a basic understanding of it in college, then I'll really struggle - this is nothing compared to that.


So yeah. 


What do you guys think? Any advice (other than the ones you've already offered, of course - NOT)?


But seriously, any advice whatsoever from any blogger out there - doesn't have to be a follower - but anyone who's passing through this blog on their way to some other more interesting place on the Internet and their eyes just happen upon this particular post? 


C'mon . . . anything at ALL? 

1 comment:

  1. Whoa. You HAVE to take physics for Pre-Med? What kind of madness is that!

    ReplyDelete

Did you hear that? It's the sound of the keyboard being abused. It's a skill every writer/blogger needs to know. If you don't know it, go back to high school. Ohhh....wait. They don't teach you that in high school. Darn it. What ARE they teaching kids these days? Anyway, just leave a comment, and remember next to abuse your keyboard, because it's there to feel your rambling fingers.